Saturday, June 12, 2010

Cold Winter's Night Pt. 22

When I pull up to the office its 8:15 and I see Tre leaning against a black BMW looking down at his phone. I wonder if he's about to call me. I pull up next to him and let's my window down. "I'm so sorry time got away from me, is it too late? I mean you didn't make reservations did you? I should have called, I'm sorry." Why did I rammble whenever I got around him? He smiles, "Its ok I kind of figured you may be a little late don't beat yourself up about it. So you wanna ride with me or drive ya own?" I let my window up, turn off the truck, grab my clutch and steps out. "Alright now Ms. Kaiya," he says as he looks at me, "you look stunning." He walks around to the passenger side and opens the door for me. I follow behind him smiling, "Thanks, you look nice your self." He's wearing cream colored slacks with Stacy Adams to match with a cream and soft green button down. He has a custom made cuban link on his left wrist and a gold ring on his right hand. He gets into the driver's seat and his cologne invades my senses. Mmm, he smells so good, but I'll keep that to myself. He starts the car and out of the speakers comes a the raspy voice of Etta James singing how she wants a Sunday Kind of Love and I sing along with her. Tre looks over at me, "What you know about Etta girl?" I smile, "I know all of her songs, I love singers from back in the day, they're more soulful, like they're singing from the bottom of their souls." He nods his head as I continue, "now don't get me wrong, there's a few out now that has an old soul like Mary J. Blige and Monica, I love them." He looks over "OK glad you like more than just Etta, cause its more than just her that'll you'll be hearing." I sat back singing along until I notice we've been riding for almost 30 minutes. "So Tre, where exactly are we going to dinner? I mean I haven't eaten since I had that salad earlier and I'm starvi-" Before I could finish I look to see we're at the dock.

No comments:

Post a Comment