Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Weather Is My Soul

I don't know why, but, I just feel like writing about the weather. Since its storming. So here it goes, just whatever flows from my pen to paper. (Yes pen, I actually wrote this down first.)

As I sit here on the love seat recliners, I'm staring out the living room window, watching God do his work. First it was cloudy, then it stormed, became sunny and bright, now storming worse than before. All of this was from 2pm-5:20pm and probably gonna still continue. I realized that the weather is kind of like our souls, our hearts, our spirits, at least mine.
This is what I mean:

I sometimes feel like the sun. When I'm in a great mood or someone comes along to make me happy, it seems like I light up the room or make the most gloomy day bright. That's how happy I always want to be.
But just like the weather, my mood changes the way the wind blows. A small gentle breeze can make you smile, happy for a break from the heat. But strong winds can make you worry. Make you aware that the mood is changing.
Here comes the clouds. Its just like when your brain gets cloudy. You don't know if you wanna cry (rain) or keep smiling (sun).
A lot of times you choose to cry (rain). This can be good because it cleanses the soul, like rain can cleanse the ground of dirt. Sometimes it rains harder than other times. Depends on what is making the rain (tears) come about.
The lightening flashes and even strikes. This is when I'm angry and I want to let it all out, don't care what anyone says to me, I'm getting it out as long as I can.
The thunder rolls and beats like drums just as my heart does. When matters of my heart get involved, it gets louder and longer until the person that I want to hear it, acknowledges it.
Snow is what we rarely see here in my city of Georgia. Just as you rarely see my heart turn cold towards someone and falls away gently and softly as the white snow. But then, its sunny again.
Everyone loves sunny days, but if you can't stand the wind, clouds, rain, lightening, thunder, and snow, then you don't deserve my sunny days

No comments:

Post a Comment