Friday, April 16, 2010

Cold Winter's Night Pt. 4 (short story)

I hear something thump downstairs in the living room. I look at the TV, movie still on, could that have been what I heard? I hear it again, that is definitely not the TV this time. I glance at my clock on my night stand, 1:50am. Oh shit, he's not off work yet, what's the noise? What if he got off work early? No, he would have called. I reach for my cell. Its not there. Where did I leave my cell, oh yea the bathroom. I get up slowly and creep into the bathroom and get my phone. Its dead. Well maybe he called the house phone and I just didn't hear it. I slowly walk back into my room around to the other night stand and reach for the cordless phone. Its gone! I drop to the bed. Think girl think. Where was the last place you had... In the room where the computer is.

No comments:

Post a Comment