Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cold Winter's Night Pt. 10 (short story)

Just as his finger slips in my wet spot, we hear a gun shot close by & both of us tense up. Then another that hits the floor next to the hot tub. We slowly get out & creep back to the house & he grabs his gun which is hidden on a shelf behind the door. He walks in front of me as we move swiftly up the stairs back to my room. I put my sweats boots & tee back on & grabs a hoodie then goes into the bathroom to a built in compartment & grab my .9. We know who's out there trying to catch us slipping, but we didn't think they would do it so fast. We give each other signals with our eyes as I go to a hidden window that you can't see from the outside of the house. I give him a signal that there's 5 out there that I can see. He goes into the closet up a small hidden ladder to a secret room. Soon as he gets up there he takes them out 1 by 1 until they're all laid out but we know there's more. He comes back down & tosses me a bag to pack some things in. I throw some clothes shoes & money in the bag, puts my cell in my pocket & grab my spare keys out the dresser. He puts the bag over his shoulder & leads the way out of the room. We scale the wall until we're in the computer room & slides into the closet & locks it. We then walk slowly down the stairs leading to a side garage disguised as the side of the house. I think to myself, "Damn how did they find the house. Did I lead them here? Did he on the way here? I really wanted to stay here." I open the trunk, pull out 2 bulletproof vests, I put on 1 & tosses him the other then hops in the passenger seat as he gets in the driver's. We look at each other as he starts the car he asks, "You know you my Bonnie, you ready to ride?" I smile a sinister smile, "Let's do it."

1 comment:

  1. LMAO, I was just bout to say Bonnie & Clyde. Ride or die *Madea's voice*

    ReplyDelete