Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Cold Winter's Night Pt. 12 (short story)

I was working for this office in North Carolina and was thrilled when I got a call from "The Boss" saying he saw my pic and info next to the place he wanted to look at, in a real estate magazine. So I immediately set up an appointment with him the next day. I was so excited, people in the office kept telling me, "Be careful." "You know he's the infamous The Boss." And so on and so on. Whatever, I wasn't trying to hear it. I grew up with the best of thugs, all four of my brothers are well known in the streets, but they all retired from that life when they hit age 30 1 by 1. So, what is there to fear? I can handle my own. Anyways, the next day was so nice outside and I was ready to meet the boss. I combed my long brown hair into a neat bun that sat at the nape of my neck, I wore a blue Michael Kors dress, with the matching heels and hat, and oversized Chanel shades. To top it off, I wore my pearl earrings, necklace, and braclet with a touch of lip gloss. I was never so happy to meet with a client before that day.

No comments:

Post a Comment